Coercion creates a reaction that will eventually work against you. You must seduce others into wanting to move in your direction. A person you have seduced becomes your loyal pawn. And the way to seduce others is to operate on their individual psychologies and weaknesses. Soften up the resistant by working on their emotions, playing on what they hold dear and what they fear. Ignore the hearts and minds of others and they will grow to hate you.
Keys To Power
- In the game of power, you are surrounded by people who have absolutely no reason to help you unless it is in their self-interest to do so. And if you have nothing to offer, you are likely to make them hostile.
- Those that overcome this hostility are the ones who find the key that unlocks the stranger’s heart and mind, seducing him into their corner, if necessary softening him up for a punch.
- Most people never learn this. They talk about themselves, eager to impose their own willpower and prejudices.
- The key to persuasion is softening people up and breaking them down gently. Work on their emotions and play on their intellectual weaknesses Be alert to both what separates them from everyone one else, and what they share with everyone else.
- The quickest way to secure people’s minds is by demonstrating how an action will benefit them.
- The winder your support base, the stronger your power.
- There is no reversal