Trouble can often be traced to a single strong individual — the stirrer, the arrogant underling, the poisoner of goodwill. If you allow such people room to operate, others will succumb to their influence. Do not wait for the troubles they cause to multiply, do not try to negotiate with them — they are irredeemable. Neutralize their influence by isolating or banishing them. Strike at the source of trouble and the sheep will scatter.
Keys To Power
- In every group, power is concentrated in the hands of one or two people — for people will congregate around a single strong personality.
- Powerful people keep their eye on the inevitable few who hold the cards.
- Understanding who controls the group dynamic is a critical realization.
- A key element in games of strategy is isolating the enemy’s power.
- Always seek out people who hold high positions yet who find themselves isolated on the board. They are easily seduced.
- If you act to isolate your enemy, make sure he lacks the means to repay the favour.