The ending is everything. Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences, obstacles and twists of fortune that might reverse your hard work and give the glory to others. By planning to the end you will not be overwhelmed by circumstances and you will know when to stop. Gently guide fortune and help determine the future by thinking far ahead.
Keys To Power
- Most people are too imprisoned in the moment to plan with this kind of foresight.
- The ability to ignore immediate pleasure or dangers translates into power.
- It is the power of being able to overcome the natural human tendency to react to things as they happen, and instead to train oneself to step back, imagining the larger things taking shape beyond one’s immediate vision.
- The ending is everything. It is the end of the action that determines who gets the glory, the money, the prize. Your conclusion must be crystal clear, and you must keep it constantly in mind.
- Your plan must include alternatives and have a degree of flexibility. Build in alternatives and be open to new routes towards your goal.
The above article is a summary from the book 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. The article is only for educational and informative purposes to explain and understand formal logic and logical fallacies. It is a great book, definitely worth a read!